Senator Max Baucus (D-MT)
Baucus History on Horse Slaughter Issue
- Chair of the Senate Finance Committee and member of the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry.
- Born to a wealthy ranching family in Helena, MT. His grandfather, Henry Sieben (1847–1937), started the 125,000-acre Sieben Ranch Co., which ran cattle and sheep.
- Video of Sen. Baucus speaking on the Senate floor while obviously drunk.
- In 2008, received nearly 91% of his campaign donations from out-of-state sources.
- In 2005, returned $18,892 in campaign donations connected to Jack Abramoff, including "$1,892 ... for the use of Abramoff's skybox".
What Baucus Says about Horse Slaughter